Valerie Owings, LPC, NCC, RPT
I am a licensed professional counselor, national certified counselor, and registered play therapist. Those credentials let you know that I am licensed to practice counseling in the state of Missouri, have met the standard to be certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors, and have extensive training and certification to practice play therapy. I am also a member of the American Counseling Association and The Association for Play Therapy.
I’ve spent about the last six years working in non-profit settings and have now made the transition to private practice. I work with young children, teens, and adults. I specialize in working with young children and supporting parents to have mentally healthy and happy kids.
Asking for help is difficult, and can be scary and intimidating. My approach to counseling includes a strong belief in the short and long term benefits of counseling. Some of these include:
- Gaining the motivation to tackle areas of life in which you feel stuck
- Feeling more deeply connected to your true self and others
- Finding a renewed sense of self and purpose in life
- Gaining the skills to handle future situations that may arise that are difficult
- Some of the benefits of counseling for children include better peer relationships, improved school performance, and a happier outlook on life
In my personal life, I am a mom to four great kids and am also a dog mom to a sweet (and ornery) beagle puppy. My husband of fifteen years is one of my best supports.
If you live in the Kansas City area, I look forward to serving your family and helping you to have healthy kids and a happy family life.